Latest Posts

Tips And Tricks For Better Absorption Of CBD

Tips And Tricks For Better Absorption Of CBD

How is CBD absorbed by the Body?

The CBD when enters the body binds with the endocannabinoid system in our body. This is how the CBD becomes active in the body by binding to a receptor.

There are different methods of absorption or intake. The method of intake affects the distribution and elimination of CBD. This means that the consumption process decides the effectiveness of all the other properties of the CBD. Every product is different and unique in its way and has a different mode of application and effect.

What Is Bioavailability?

Bioavailability is defined as the amount of CBD and other cannabis products consumed by the body. It is expressed in terms of the percentage of the total. If the bioavailability is 20% it means that 20% out of the total consumed CBD percentage got activated in the body while the rest 80% was rejected and hence wasted. This phenomenon is very important because the activation of CBD is important for it to show its effectiveness. Bioavailability can be improved by different methods to obtain a better product.

CBD Consumption and its effectiveness

Orally- The most common form of consumption is through the mouth in form of medicines/pills, gummies, candies. When taken orally CBD travels through the digestive system before absorption. The liver metabolizes CBD, it passes through the portal vein. This process is also known as the first-pass metabolism. The problem with this process is that the enzymes present in the liver reduce the CBD concentration. Reduction in the concentration of the CBD also reduces its effectiveness and benefits.

The lower CBD concentration results in low bioavailability of the orally taken CBD. To find a solution for this there are alternate ways for the intake of CBD to increase the active ingredient and reduce the waste.

How to increase bioavailability –

  • Consuming with fats/carrier oil – Cannabinoid is fat-soluble. When CBD is consumed with fats, they give better concentration and effectiveness. 
  • Carrier Oils Slightly Improve Absorption. Cannabinoids like CBD are fat-soluble. This means they break down to be stored in fat – not water. When consumed with fat, these compounds can be more effective. This method is generally applicable for products that utilize oil-based formulas. This is affordable and accessible. Hence, because of all these reasons, there is a high demand for such products.
  • Water-soluble CBD – Water-soluble CBD break the oil particles into tiny fragments and suspend them by emulsifying. This makes the particle very small and pats for absorption. This increases the absorption of the product immensely.
  • Liposomes – These are spherical vesicles having lipid bilayer. These are used in the administration of the CBD by disrupting biological membranes
  • Nanoemulsions – As the name suggests these are nano-sized emulsions this improves the absorption of the active ingredients in the body. This is done with the help of an emulsifying agent. 
  • Sublingual – CBD oil is first dropped under the tongue with a dropper and then held inside the tongue for around a minute after which it is swallowed. These have carrier oil to stimulate the absorption process.
  • When the CBD is held inside the tongue some amount of the compound extract is absorbed in the mucous membrane of the mouth. The rest compound is swallowed. The compound that is absorbed by the mucous membrane absorbs quickly without having to go through the other breakdown and metabolic processes. This absorbed CBD is more effective as it directly reaches the bloodstream. This method increases the bioavailability. The oil-based tincture is preferred for this reason.

The better absorption of CBD increases its effectiveness and hence enhances its power of providing benefits and help to deal with conditions related to stress and anxiety which come from work and pressure to fulfill family requirements. Sleeping disorders like insomnia. Chronic pain and inflammation. It is also believed to provide relief in critical situations such as a tumor, neurological disorders, heart health, and cancer. CBD can help to overcome the addictive behavior of substance abuse like smoking. It is also helpful for people suffering from diabetes. The effectiveness to deal with several critical conditions of the brain and body is no less than a miracle for people going through the difficulties of chronic disorders. To know more about this please check https://observer.com/2020/01/best-dry-herb-vaporizer/

Brent

Brent

Brent Payne loves exploring the world and sharing his experiences, insights and opinions about the latest happenings in the world. Educating people through his stories is what he is passionate about

Related Posts

Read also x