You have a graphics card I even more important than a CPU if you are building a gaming PC. The entire process of buying or figuring out the right GPU is quite intimidating. Well, to make it easy for you, here’s a quick guide.
Below you will find a quick guide on buying the best graphics card for your gaming PC. This guide will also tell you which specifications matter and which don’t.
- The memory size of the graphics card- Get a graphics card of 4 GB memory at least. If you prefer gaming at 1080p, then you should buy a graphics card with 6 GB memory. You may need more memory if you choose gaming by turning up all the settings or installing high-resolution texture packs. 8 GB or more will be ideal if you prefer gaming at 4000p.
- Form factor- Ensure that you have got enough room for your card in the case. Check out the thickness, height, and length. You will generally find the graphics card in a single slot, half-height, double slot, or triple slot. You will find that most gaming cards are full-height, and they usually occupy two expansion slots. A card may take up more than one place if it has a fan shroud and a big heat sink, or it can also block the adjacent slots. For a Mini-ITX tiny motherboard, you should get a mini card usually 8 inches long or less than that.
- Thermal Design Power- TDP measures the heat of dissipation. It will also help you to know how many watts will be needed to run the Ryzen 5 3600 GPU at the stock settings. You will need a PSU upgrade if you want to run a 400-watt power supply unit. A 600 watt PSU will be able to handle most except the most powerful cards. Usually,an 800 watt is more than enough for a single graphics card.
- Ports- This is a critical factor for you to consider. The monitor can have HDMI, Display Port, or DVI. Before you purchase the card, you have to make sure that it has the necessary connectors needed by the monitor. This way, you do not even have to buy an adapter or a new display.
- Clock speed- Clock speed is somewhat necessary. The manufacturer can overclock the cards with a similar GPUto increase the speed. This can have a slight change in the frame rates. Clock speed may not be that important, but architecture needs to be considered when the core counts.
There is actually a lot to consider when buying graphic cards like Ryzen 5 3600 GPU. It depends on factors like the monitor that is being used, the size of the PC, game settings, etc. However, you need to take into consideration quite a few things when buying a GPU. These quick tips will surely help you to buy the best graphics card for your gaming PC.